News Editor, DNAinfo, New York, N.Y. (Feb. 2014 — Present)
● Edit stories by reporters assigned to New York City neighborhood beats.
● Run afternoon breaking news coverage; write breaking stories while coordinating with on-scene reporters.
● Manage neighborhood reporters in addition to general assignment reporters covering breaking news and more.
● Post to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as member of social media team.
● Write feature stories and photograph city cultural events for visual pieces.
● Set up newsletters and order of stories on DNAinfo New York homepage; send app alerts.
Editor, Breaking News (NBC News), New York, N.Y. (2 years)
● Posted breaking news, using various news outlets, photos and video, on BreakingNews.com and mobile apps.
● Updated social platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr and Pinterest. Sent push alerts on apps.
● Provided guidance on tech, business and entertainment coverage to editors in Seattle, New York and London.
● Wrote tech-centric story as part of NBC’s Peabody Award-winning “In Plain Sight” series on poverty in America.
Associate News Editor, Mashable, New York, N.Y. (1 year, 1 month)
• Edited and wrote posts focusing on social media and digital trends for Mashable.com, focusing on business, entertainment, international issues and politics. Covered Saudi Arabia’s Women2Drive campaign.
● Shared content via Facebook and Twitter. Wrote headlines and SEO; created and edited photo galleries.
Digital Media Intern, NPR, Washington, D.C. (3 months)
● Built pages for NPR.org’s Arts & Life section; collected and edited photos, video clips and text for pages, while also writing headlines and captions. Assisted with research, transcribed and edited radio text for online.
● Produced and photographed pieces for Intern Edition, an online intern-produced radio/multimedia program.
News Intern, WNYC Public Radio, New York, N.Y. (5 months)
● Collected sound bites at events and press conferences throughout the city, prepared tape and copy for broadcast, edited audio, wrote blog posts, and assisted reporters with research.
● Covered mass transit, NYPD, housing, immigration, politics and more.
Editorial Assistant, Staff Writer, NJN Publishing, Flemington, N.J. (1 year)
● Laid out, edited and uploaded text and photos for print and online editions of Suburban News, a weekly newspaper distributed in Union County, New Jersey.
● Wrote feature stories published in Suburban News, The Cranford Chronicle and The Record-Press.
Editorial Assistant , Rosen Publishing Group, New York, N.Y. (9 months)
● Copyedited, proofread and fact-checked drafts for children’s nonfiction books; handled administrative tasks.
Reporter , Editor, The Daily Targum, New Brunswick, N.J. (2 years)
Rutgers University Campus Newspaper Circulation: 17,000
● Edited, wrote and assigned articles as University Editor. Started out as staff writer, then correspondent.
FREELANCE: Wrote article and shot photos for MTV.com. Photos have appeared on GQ.com.
M.S. Journalism, Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, New York, N.Y.
B.A. English, Music Minor, Rutgers University: Rutgers College, New Brunswick, N.J.